Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why?

Today started like a normal work day.  Rake all around the football field.  Work until you think you are going to collapse and then Break for Lunch.  After lunch you are still too tired and hot to rake again so work on something inside.  For me this was planning for the next camp.

Then the news:  Natasha, one of the sweetest, most quiet workers we have. She currently is working in the kitchen, and therefore I don't get a chance to see her as much, but a couple years ago, she cleaned the building I was staying in.  She taught me how to say hello, formally of course, and although besides that we couldn't communicate exchanged smiles everyday. Smiles are not so common among "strangers" here.  Monday morning Natasha died from an epileptic seizure. She was in her early thirties, not much older than me.  She has a 12 year old son. I don't know why, but this hit me hard.  The only words we ever exchanged were hello and thank you. But still it hit me like a sledge hammer. First pain, then paralyzing everything, numbness, nothing. Why her? Why here? These people have hard enough lives, why must they deal with this added pain? I trust God has a purpose in everything, even when I can't possibly comprehend it. Please pray for her Son and family in this hard time. Pray for understanding, Pray for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment