Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camp 1 Day 4

Highlights from today.  The kids are opening up more and more.  They continually ask more and more questions.  My girls in Bedtime, listen more intently than any group of children I have ever talked with in my entire life (and I have talked with a lot of kids). They hang on every word of God's love.  We have been teaching them how to look verses up (Book, then big number and then small number) This is brand new for them and the work so hard at it.  So we keep practicing.  I even gave them a homework assignment to read a story in Luke and many of them found the verses and read this during their free time.  Tonight a girl prayed.  She went through the longest list of things that she was thankful for.  Not just please give me's.  But mostly thanks.  This is huge coming from a 10 year old.  It bless me so much to listen.  Please pray that this continues to build as we get closer to the salvation message. And that the children learn ways to continue to follow Christ throughout live.

Little or big Miracles.  I traveled here with Christine.  She came last year - but the trip and camp was very hard on her for medical reasons.  Many days she was unable to participate.  She was very worried about this.  We thank all of you who have been praying for you. And ask that you continue.  We feel all of them.  After getting over jet lag.  She has been perfect.  Able to participate in everything, including the strenuous trip to the beach - She does better on the Hill of Death than I do. She is full of energy and the previous difficulties have melted away.  We are rejoicing and praising God for his amazing kindness.

I am doing much better getting into the swing of things and the activities that the team has.  I still am helping with some impromptu things. But mostly I am now getting at least 3 hours notice.

In "Short" today went like this:

Help braid hair

Morning exercises (attempt to teach the electric slide...didn't work)

Eat

Bible Lesson, on how God loves us.  We sang "Jesus, Lover of my Soul" in Russian and English.  The kids liked this very much.  Each day we learn more camp songs to sing - which I get to help out with the actions.  (Pray that I remember more of them...but they are coming.)

Sea - with sand tattoos and sand castles

Eat (With 2nd lunch)

Meeting (We are trying to make this 15-20 minutes but I have a hard time getting this less than 30.  This is a less important prayer request but one that I have)  

Sweep the streets: As an intern this is one of my not so fun jobs I get to do every few days.

Biffer - I don't even know how to begin to explain this game - THink 8 stations + one Fake station that kids need to complete with a partner. However all the while they are being chased by "Biffers" who will "Biff (hit with a sock full of flour) the kids.  If Biffed they must wait for the doctor to come and heal them.  If they cheat the security comes and puts them in Jail (a 2 minute time out).  It is complicated, yet the kids LOVE it.

Prepare for Talent Show - It is in two day's I'll tell you more about it then.

Eat (and with 2nd dinner)

Dance: This was a great Idea of the team, but they were not as excited to lead it so...guess who did lead it?! I'll give you one guess.  Did you guess yet??  If you said me, then you are correct.  We did the limbo, macarana (I don't know how to spell that), chicken dance, hand jive, Thriller, conga, Cha Cha Slide, the twist, Bunny Hop, Wipe out, a line up were the people go down the middle doing their dance and then keep going around, and a few others that I can't remember. What ever music came on we did that dance. 

Craft: Origami stations, I learned how to make boats and then taught the kids.  We will see if they float tomorrow at the sea.

Bedtime Stories (I told you about that earlier)

I have yet to take my camera out.  To busy...but I'll try to get some from the others that are taking them.  I just seam to run out of time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment