Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camp 1 Day 5

It is now day 6 which means I really don't remember day 5.  I'll do my best...

Short Version (I have 2 blogs to do tonight, before the dogs come out)

Wake Up
Do Hair
Do Morning Exercises
Eat
Morning bible lesson is on how God Provides.  Given by our intern who used to be a child at this camp.  Seems fitting to me!  He did a great job.  This was the first lesson that I was able to ask my girls about later and everyone of them remembered all the important details.
Beach (I didn't go, so that I could prepare for the next camp) However they did a relay game that the kids really liked.
Eat
Meeting
Interest Groups (Origami, Caterpillar and Butterfly Crafts, Maze Craft, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Cards)
Practice for the Talent Show
Eat
Kazoo Marching Bands: By far the kids favorite activity of the day.  Every child got a kazoo and they practiced songs in their wards and then preformed this.  The LOVED it, even the older boys.  It was great
Craft (First Aid Kit - the Doctor came and explain how to clean a wound 1st and also Flower Pens)
Bedtime stories - We went early so we could spend 30 minutes instead of 15 with the kids. At the end most all girls prayed thanking God for something and then asking him for one request.  Some girls didn't pray because they didn't know how so we will go back and talk about this again.
Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment