Monday, June 22, 2009

Camp 1 Day 10 - Say Good Bye and Then CLEAN!

We got up to finish cleaning and putting new linens out for the new team  However there are 42 of them, so they will take up 2 buildings.  They ate breakfast first so we had to help the kitchen staff turn around breakfast for our kids in 15 minutes.  Getting new dishes and putting all the food out.  A task that usually takes one hour.

Then we had Breakfast and said good bye to some kids.
Then we Cleaned the second building that the team would be moving into.  Cleaning involves the following:
1) Take all the bed clothes off
2) Sweep the floor with a Hansel and Gretel style broom.
3) Wipe the spider webs off with a regular stile broom (For this is the only reason you need a handle on a broom :o)
4) Wash the doors, handles, window sills, and windows, the wood borders on the floor.
5) Mop the floor.  (A mop here is a wood "T" stick that you wrap a towel around just right  and hope it doesn't fall off)
6) Remake the Beds
7) Clean the Bathrooms
8) Take out the Trash

I helps mostly with items 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 in two different buildings.  Buy this time I was told the other two buildings had finished.  I am so happy I don't have to do more.  Although we get to do this another 5 times during the summer. The next two time with 1/2 the help.  And I think we still get to sweep outside.  I don't know if that is a today activity or not.

We did manage to take a short break to say good by to another group of kids.  It is now 12:30 and about time for lunch for those of us who are still here.  I was told that all kids would be gone by 11:00 but I guess that is Ukrainian time because we still have about 20 and 3 don't leave until tomorrow.

If anything else Exciting happens I'll update this post, if not I'll wait till tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment