Sunday, June 14, 2009

Travel to Ukraine


After 5 hours in a car,  11 hours in 4 airports, and 13 hours in the air for a total of 33 hours traveling Christine and I arrived at camp.  










The children arrived before we did.  We had just enough time to eat dinner and then go to tell the students bedtime stories.    I was partnered with Megan.  Because of the long travel, I asked her to do the talking and I would listen.  So I went prepared to say nothing. However, It was her first time ever doing bed time stories and so when it came down to it she looked at me with eyes that said it all "Help."  Nothing like just jumping in. So I dove in, telling the girls about myself and asking about them.  After going around the room.  I was ready to pray and say goodnight, when the girls shouted, "Tell us a Fairy Tail."  I was at a lost.  But finally some one said tell the story of Noah.  So I did. I was so tired I had a hard time remembering the details myself.  But no worries. There is one girl in my group, Carolina, who will fix every mistake I made and  fill in every tiny detail that is not said, just how she would have said it. Although Carolina apparently has heard many bible stories, for most of the girls, this was a first time. They were silent, and listening intently to every word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment