Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Excursion Day

Today we had breakfast, then took public transportation to down town.  Some of us went shopping while the rest of us went to the Metrodate (I'm not sure how to spell it).  I was in the latter group.  Although I had been there before I wanted to prove to myself that I could still climb the 420 steps it took to get to the top.  I have no clue why.  But I did indeed make it.  And back down again!  

We had lunch also in two groups one group went to a pizza place, while the other group went to a "sandwich" shop (although they also supposedly have the best coffee in town - interesting combination) I was in the latter group again.  The had wraps like we have in the states, but they are cooked.  It was tasty.  

We then took public transportation to the Ostrich farm.  Which is more like a hobby farm/zoo.  They obviously had ostriches, but also guinea pigs, regular pigs, rabbits, peacocks, ducks, turkeys, horses, donkeys, doves, and pigeons.  I took pictures (mostly because I was board) but I will have to down load them later.  And we tried to make the animals mad, so we could get better pictures.  Some time we were more successful than others. But the attempt made it more entertaining. 

And of course to get home public transportation again, we had to change busses in the middle and stopped for some ice cream along the way. The day ended with some Phase 10 and a fire with smores.  This was the first time roasting marshmallows for some of our Ukrainian friends so that was interesting and fun. 

Tomorrow is the last day with the team.  I think there is more shopping and the beach involved, but I hope to spend some time prepping for the next camp.  I also need to do some grounds work.


No comments:

Post a Comment