Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The uneventful Norm of in between camps

Today for the most part was uneventful.  And that in the chaos of things is good from time to time. I slept in.  Skipped Breakfast and kept Sleeping.  I suppose I slept about 11 hours, just spending time catching up.  

Then I spent most of the time preparing for the next team.  Really I just refused to do the yard work in the heat of nearly a 100 degree day that is humid beside.  Walking in the shade caused a sweat, so I needed some type of distraction to avoid working in the sun. This involved numerous emails and final planning.  I feel much better about what is coming up although I still have a few details to work out.

I spent an hour or two cleaning the craft room.  Instead of organizing and just putting things away, we are actually cleaning.  Getting rid of stuff that can't be used and consolidating the mounds of things that can be used.  This is sure to be a long processes, as we are already on day 2 and not nearly done.  

After Dinner we started to rake again.  We have a number of acres to rake and the rakes here cover a swath of about 1 foot unlike ours in the US  so this will also take a large number of days.  We do one to 3 sections a day.  Today it took 5 of us 2 hours to do one section.  

Following this I had the privilege of cleaning the toilet room in our building.  This includes not so bad things like washing the sink and the mirror.  Sweeping the floor (which I have to do from outside the bathroom because it is too small to be inside and sweep at the same time). And cleaning the toilet - and because this gets done every day really isn't too bad.  However, there is one thing that grosses me out.  Taking out the trash.  You see here in Ukraine we cannot flush toilet paper.  So taking out the trash includes everyones toilet paper for the day.  Just thinking about it makes me gag.  But I figure God is just looking for creative ways to humble me, as I usually shrug of the rest :o)

A little chat with the people at home, rest and blogging to end the day.  Tomorrow we all get to sleep in because Matt is making breakfast for us instead of having it in the dinning hall.  American Style Omelets!  Which of course are very different than Ukrainian style omelets which a closer to an egg bake without any of the good stuff mixed in...just eggs. So that is all I know for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment