Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday = Church!

Normally Sunday is just another day of Camp.  During camp all reality of time fades away.  But between camps it is restored. So Sunday is indeed a day of rest.  We started the day we our new little home church. Matt and Sarah the missionaries here miss a real English speaking service.  So we had one, including worship songs and a 3 point sermon. We learned about humility and servanthood.  

Following this we spent a little time at the beach.  Played Farkle and returned just in time for lunch.  I don't know what happened with the others, but at this point I really took the "day of rest" literally and took a 3 hour nap. 

Today is a local holiday or something like that celebrating youth. So we went down town, walked around  road on the ferris wheel, took pictures and then went out for supper.  I had a meal that was named Madonna.  Don't ask me why.  I guess they just named all the foods by famous people.  

We returned via a Mashutka without a translator.  We memorized the name of our stop and prayed that the driver would understand our american accents.  We were successful.  After a quick stop at the market for ice cream and drinks we went back to camp and watched the United States vs. Brazil Soccer game.  Apparently this was some final game, big deal, dat ta dat ta da.  I have no clue as I don't follow any of it.  But it was interesting none the less.  I think this was the first time I watch an entire game of soccer, that wasn't played by 4 year olds.  I guess that could go in the firsts column.


No comments:

Post a Comment