Friday, August 7, 2009

Camp 3 is Finished and Camp 4 Begins

I intended to update on a daily basis like I was able to do at the beginning of the summer. However an number of events prevented me from doing so. First, we had evening meetings from 10:15 to whenever we finished. Since this is normally my blogging time, I didn't often get it finished. Second, I was in charge of taking, collecting, and sorting pictures. This in and of itself doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but when you realize the shear numbers of images that I was dealing with, the task was quite great. (I started with 23.24 GB with 6,573 images, that I had to sort down to 14.28 GB of 3,242 images to give to the team and then sort this down to 667 images to put into a slide show for the last day of camp.) Third, which might have been the biggest hindrance, is that for the entirety of camp 3 I have been fighting a cold. And although I managed to make all the events, to take pictures and such. When I had down time/when it was time to sleep, I actually slept. I am just now getting over my cold, and starting to regain some energy (or maybe that was the 2 hour nap I took today :o)

Camp 3 finished great. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this camera through the lens of the camera. Not because I enjoy taking pictures all that much, but because my job was to see the kids. It is easy to get pictures of the kids that jump out at you, the attention seekers, but my job is to take pictures of all kids. And through this I was able to seek out some of the kids who are less seen. And to remember to see each of the kids as God sees them. I can't remember a time in which I have seen so many beautiful children. God used these children to remind me that his creation is always beautiful, hand crafted, and preciously loved.

The next blog will include some of my favorite images.

As for now we are preparing for the next camp. The team has arrived and the kids come in 2 days. I will do my best to be better at updating this blog then.

No comments:

Post a Comment